This soup is creamy and thick, thanks to a potato, used in place of cream; add some curry powder for a spicy taste. Serve with a big salad for lunch!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 12 ounce package “ready to use” cut butternut squash (3 c cubed)
- 1 potato, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups nonfat chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp Truvia (or sugar sub to equal 1 tbsp sugar)
- Pepper to taste
- Curry powder (if desired 1-2 tablespoons)
- In a large nonstick saucepan, , sauté onions, carrots, celery, and garlic in 2-4 tbsp of broth, until crisp tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except curry powder and bring to a boil.
- Then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes until vegetables are very tender.
- Cool and transfer mixture to a food processor (may take 2-3 batches) and process until smooth.
- If everyone likes curry, add 1-2 tablespoons of curry powder to the pot. If not, add per individual bowl.
By Mary Felando