12-15 Latkes (4-5 servings)
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold or Russet Potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 egg whites
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Peel, cut and shred potatoes and onion, using either a grater or a food processor.
- Place a large baking sheet in hot oven.
- Empty shredded potatoes and onion into a colander and squeeze out as much excess moisture as possible.
- Transfer potato and onion mixture to a large bowl. Add flour, egg whites, salt, and black pepper, and combine.
- Remove baking sheet from oven. Coat very briefly with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper to make crispier latkes without sticking.
- Form 2-2 1/2-inch flattened rounds with the potato mixture and place on hot baking sheet.
- Return baking sheet to oven and cook for 7-8 minutes each side, until crisp and golden.
- Optional: serve with unsweetened applesauce and fat free sour cream.
Nutritional Facts (per serving): 190 Calories (6.5g Protein, 41g Carbs, 0.5g Fat)