- 8 ounces white fish (cod, haddock, sole or flounder)
- 6 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 ¼ cup fat free chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Cut fish into 1- ½-inch pieces and cut shrimp in half lengthwise.
- In large saucepan, cook onion, celery, and garlic in 1/4 cup of chicken broth until tender.
- Stir in 1 cup broth, bring to boil, and reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, salt, and pepper, return to boiling and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in fish and shrimp, return just to boiling and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and shrimp are opaque. Sprinkle with parsley.