This dessert contains a surprise ingredient! Best not to mention…just serve and enjoy the compliments!
- 1-1 ¼ cups minced raw apple w skin (1 large apple)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup fat-free refried beans
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp alcohol free vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2-4 tbsp raisins
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Blend cored apple in food processor until minced. Remove and set aside. Blend all other ingredients (except apples and raisins) in the food processor until smooth. Stir in apples and raisins. Spread evenly (batter will be thick) into an 8 in X 8 in glass baking dish lightly prepared with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
By Mary Felando