For the crumble
- ¾ cup old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. sugar free maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened apple sauce
For the filling
- 6 cups diced apple
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat an 8”-square pan with nonstick cooking spray (if permitted, otherwise use parchment paper).
- Whisk together the oats, flour, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add maple syrup and apple sauce and combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix the apples with the cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Transfer the filling to the prepared pan and sprinkle evenly with the topping.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the apples are fork tender.